terça-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2011

(Continuing with radiology...)



At my school, in the first year, you have to choose (/it is given to you the name of a) a 2nd year student to guide you through your course. This means that you an get his/hers advice, notes and sometimes even books. It does work in the first year, but after a while you get tired of asking for stuff   and you tend to get more independent. However, there are some questions you keep asking to the person above you no matter what. One of them is "was this* on the exam?". When you can't seem to talk to the person that helped you in the first year, you ask anyone you know**. But sometimes the answer is just not what you expected...

me: Do you think you can ask your brother if the theory related to how the radiology methods work was on the exam last year?
GS1: Yup, I'll ask him tonight.

(...hours go by...)

GS1: He says it was just theory.
me: just theory? We just had lectures, I just wanted to know if the theory related to how the radiology methods work was on the exam...
GS1: Damn! And now I'm already in bed. I'll ask him tomorrow, is that okay?
me: Yeah, sure.
GS1: oh, yeah, he did say there were some questions about "x-rays and stuff"!


Really?! Really?! A radiology exam with questions about x-rays?! I didn't see that coming...




*- this can be anything, but is usually a specific lecture.
**- and yes, this includes GS1's brother

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário